Tuesday, September 21, 2010 | By: Master Clutter

thisisby.ME

After months, or even years of hibernating, here I am again– trying desperately to be a writer.

Writing has always been one of my passions. Though I think I am not that good at it, writing has always made me feel good. It is my outlet– where I pour out all of my emotions. It is through it that I express what I can’t say to the world. I can still remember the very first time an article I wrote was published in our school paper. I was so excited that I had secretly manipulated my classmates and friends into reading it. From then on, my "career" as a campus journalist started.

From a being a staffwriter, I was able to work myself up into being an Associate Editor. The experience had made me love writing even more. From news articles to column articles, name it, I had done it. I also have bad experiences like when I was nearly stripped off my scholarship and reprimanded by my editor and our College Head for being too straightforward in my columns. But nothing compares to the praise mails I get from readers– which are also students like me.

Indeed, the glory of the byline contributed a lot into shaping who I am right now. My self-esteem was built, which is an important factor. Because of this, I knew from then on that writing would be my career for real– but time had other plans.

Now, I am in a job that is completely not in line with the course I took in College. It is not as challenging as the pressworks or not as fulfilling as the glory of the by line (but I am not complaining, well, a bit, probably, but who doesn’t anyway?). I am so busy that my writing has been put on hold. But I still try to write trying not to be stagnant. The problem is that whenever I try to write again (with the passion and energy I had when I was still in College), I simply don’t have the energy anymore or that ideas seem so distant. I simply miss writing.

This article would be my first article again– after long years of hibernating.  I am just happy that I am "write on track" again.

0 comments:

Post a Comment